Dry ends and greasy roots keeping you up at night? Having to get up early just to wash your hair? Then L’Oréal may of found the answer to your prayers! The new L’Oréal Extraordinary Clay Collection is here to save the day!!!
This season is all about textured hair and with the cost of some of the items currently on the market for this image and the amount of product that is needed you may as well save the cash and be able to afford a nice designer bag come spring!!!
So a pleasant surprise when browsing my local sainsburys yesterday I spotted this little find on offer for £3.50!!
So Ive been using this for a couple of days now and can say the spray feels like a much finer version of a dry hair shampoo, if defines and slightly separates my layers without any hold of stiff (yes stiff!) feel to your hair.
It smells like the classic tresemme sent and for myself is really what im looking for in a product. To many times have I found texture sprays leave my hair looking greasy or in some cases flatter as they weigh down my already fine hair.
My hair is also still easily able to be brushed and restyled over and over with no product build up.
This product is light in texture you would find it hard to over do, a great addition for on the go styling with a much more purse friendly cost!
Today I popped to sainsbury’s browsing for some Saturday night comfort food and I come across this little gem……
Free with Elle Magazine “Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray” worth £7.50!
I read many a great review on this wonder product and not always noted but this freebie can also double as a hairspray as it has great holding qualities too!
Bumble and Bumble say……
- Helps fine hair achieve styling lift-off, but also works wonders on any hair type – thick, thin, or otherwise.
- Who: Anyone.
When: Anytime; after Prep or Tonic Lotion and before heated tools (or any sort of setting).
How: Spray on damp hair evenly by sections; work through and style.
So with that, Im going to go eat my stodge and have a flick through this months Elle.
With the Royal baby now with us and a future king none the less. I cant help but reminisce on my own births with my two children. Kara is only one now so was not so long ago for me.
That crazy time when your whole world has changed, no sleep, spit up in your hair and getting excited over a bit of wind that could be possibly causing your bundle of joys first smile.
Right now rewind back around three months, your bigger than you ever expected, bored and really excited with a hint of worry about whats around the corner.
My first birth with my son Ethan I spent months of preparation arranging the perfect hospital bag. I took everything by the kitchen sink including straighteners and a complete copy of my make up bag! Not to mention the toiletries!
With Kara last april I really reduced my packing down to what I really needed. In the time between having my son and having my daughter my world had changed along with the amount of things I needed on my face to get through a day. The packing was easier to get right this time round.
So after two wonderful hospital stays this is what I would recommend Kate to of had in her bag.
Im not going to into all the clothes and nipple pads, just sticking to the things that will help make you feel a little more like you.
1) Nipple Cream, believe me you need this! this is also such a great multitasker, I used Lanoish which I have used as almost a dupe to Elizabeth Ardens 8 hour Cream. Will help with everything from chapped lips (likely if you had gas and air) to dry knees from being bent over the bed.
2) Dont bother with a bag full of your favourite toiletries as minis, your baby wants to smell you not your local boots (which believe me they will soon get to know whilst you are on maternity leave)
With my second I shared with her. So some baby shampoo and Johnson’s top to tail wash. To remove your makeup dont take wipes baby wipes are just as good if you really have to use one!
3) Hand sanitizer, dont think I really need to go into this. But also useful for wiping down surfaces with the hand towels out of the bathroom. Note, post baby YOU WILL BECOME A GERMAPHOBE! for anything within 50 feet of your wonderful bundle of joy!
4) BB cream, a cheek stain and waterproof mascara, you are going to cry over the next few days ALOT be it tears of joy or baby blues it happens to us all. BB cream will double as your moisturiser and cheek stain will out last any powder or cream blush.
5) Hair brush, with hair bands and hair grips. With all the sweating you are going to do, you do not want your hair getting the in way. Post birth tip, you will not have time to use hair straighteners for at least three months!
Now Kate will most likely have a hair dresser go in and make her look amazing before she leaves the hospital but hey for the rest of us we can pack into one bag only! (hopefully)
For a full list of what you would need in hospital for you and baby I found this one from the boots website, really handy if you like to tick off along the way.
And finally congratulations to Will and Kate!!! And welcome to the world on nappies and baby grows!